Comfy Grip is a cushioned gel band that will make your wig fit more comfortably and securely. It tips the wig back in towards your hairline for a natural fit. Made of a hypo-allergenic, cooling polymer, it hugs the head without feeling sticky. In addition, it cushions the pressure points on your head, and distributes the weight of the wig evenly to give you a comfier fit. The Comfy Grip allows air to circulate under your wig keeping you cooler. Perfect for hot or sensitive scalps. Makes hats fit more comfortably, too. The Comfy Grip has an adjustable Velcro® closure and fits head circumferences 18 1/2" to 24".
Wig Insurance Reimbursement
More and more health insurance companies today cover part or all of the cost of the wig if your doctor writes a prescription. Not every company reimburses, but you should try. It is, after all, a remedy for a treatment side effect just as important as medication you take to treat nausea.
Follow these steps for reimbursement:
- Some companies require you to get a prescription before you get your wig.
- Ask your doctor for a prescription for Cranial Prosthesis (that is, a wig!) to submit to your insurer. Be sure it includes description of the product being perscribed and the prosthesis code.
- Here is a commonly use code by: Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) for wigs = A9282
- You will also need the specific diagnosis and diagnosis code. (For example: Alopecia alone is not a diagnosis - you need to now what type.)
- Ask your insurer for their specific requirements.
- It is also a tax-deductible expense.
The Hair Lady,Katherine Fagan does not contact your insurance company or submit any claims, but we will provide a receipt for your Extra-cranial Prosthesis that you may submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Be sure to request a Medical Receipt.