1) Pantene Beautiful Lengths Program
Be a part of the million inch chain to help women with cancer.
One in three women will be diagnosed with cancer in her lifetime* and nearly 60% of women regard hair loss as the single worst side effect of cancer treatment.**
Hilary Swank donated her ponytail to launch the Million-Inch Chain of hair. Now you can join the chain by cutting or pledging to grow your own hair. Here is the address to where you can mail in your hair donation to.
Pantene Beautiful Lengths
20770 Westwood Dr
Strongsville, OH 44149
If you would like written acknowledgement of your ponytail donation, please remember to include your full name and return address with your hair donation.
In order to make the most beautiful, realistic and durable wigs, donated hair must meet the requirements below.
• Donated hair must be a minimum of 8 inches long (measure hair from just above the elastic band of the ponytail to the ends).
• Wavy/curly hair texture is fine—you may straighten hair to measure.
• Hair should be freshly washed and completely dry, without any styling products.
• Hair may be colored with vegetable dyes, rinses and semi-permanent dyes. It cannot be bleached, permanently colored or chemically treated.
• Hair may not be more than 5 percent gray.
• It takes at least six ponytails to make a Pantene Beautiful Lengths wig; in general, each ponytail comes from a different person and is a different color. Even though some hair colors may look similar, including gray hair, each is completely unique.
• For a realistic-looking wig that has consistent color throughout, donated ponytails must be processed and then dyed to the same shade. It is critical for each ponytail to absorb dyes at the same rate in order to create wigs of consistent, natural-looking color.
• Gray hair, as well as some chemically-treated or permanently-colored hair, does not absorb dye at the same rate as other types of hair. It is much harder to color and, once colored, fades more quickly.
• Most permanently-colored hair, once it is processed and re-colored, is too fragile and breakable under the rigorous processing required during the production of a Pantene Beautiful Lengths wig.
In appreciation of the sacrifice that a hair donation requires, Pantene Beautiful Lengths only accepts hair it knows can be used for its intended purposes.